Our company also conducts soil organism studies, in particular, GLP effect- and residue studies on earthworms within all European registration zones according to ISO 11268-3 (2015) and ISO 23611-1 (2011).
The methods we use to assess product effects on soil organisms include:
- Standardised sampling of earthworms (e.g. by hand-sorting and formaldehyde extraction)
- Determination of product effects on abundance (counts and biomass) of different earthworm species (adults) or on representatives of different morphological groups (juveniles)
- Assessment of species composition
To assess residues in soil organisms for ecotoxicological exposure assessment (e.g. in food items for wildlife), we routinely apply the following techniques:
- Standardised sampling (e.g. Octet method and hand-sorting), followed by residue analysis. Concentrations are used to confirm or refine the risk assessment
- Determination of residue decline parameters (TWA and DT50 calculations)