Our company offers a broad range of higher tier studies to test the effects of plant protection products on bees and other pollinators.
Tests can be performed with:
- Honey bees (Apis mellifera)
- Bumble bees (e.g. Bombus terrestris)
- Solitary bees (e.g. mason bees, Osmia sp.)
- Natural pollinator communities (e.g. monitoring studies)
We offer semi-field (tunnel) and field studies that are conducted according to current OEPP/EPPO, CEB and OECD guidelines as well as studies that are tailored to our clients’ needs. Our team is experienced in organising and performing sampling for residue analyses on bees (e.g. adult bees or larvae) and bee-relevant hive matrices (pollen, nectar, guttation fluid and honeydew).
Examples of studies recently conducted by our team are:
- Effect studies on bees (honey bee, bumble bee, mason bee) at the landscape level (large-scale study)
- Population monitoring of wild bee species
- Honey bee monitoring studies, including overwintering
- Long-term monitoring of residues in bee-relevant matrices in succeeding crops